Monday, April 04, 2005

a new creation

Yesterday was my dad's installation as the senior pastor in woodlands efc. It was also a day which I found socializing too much of a hassle and a chore:(

I'm not an extremely extroverted person. I can be, but only after warming up to people. It takes time. It took me one & a half semesters before my vcf friends realised I could be corny.. At 1st encounter, I have the tendency to want to keep to myself. It would help a lot if people seemed friendlier and take the first step. Then again, maybe they are...

Too many 'I's... too self-centred, too focused on my own problems. I am supposed to know what I'm doing in a new church; I'm still excited about teaching youth ee in a new church. But it's discouraging when faced with a daunting task of knowing a huge group of 90+ ppl, leaders not included. So, I simply freaked yesterday and went home straight after church cos someone was coming to view the house.

Just did my quiet time on 2 Corinthians 5:17,
'If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!'

Our Daily Journey goes on to say that "all of us have different personalities. Yours is a part of who you are, whether or not you are a believer in Jesus. But when we accept Him as Saviour, our personality should begin reflecting Him. We should become more loving, caring, and interested in others. For me, that meant not being a zombie (which comes naturally to me), but opening up and being friendly."

It was as if this entry was written for me. How true.

So, still faced with the daunting task of knowing too many people @Teenedge, I've decided to break things down a little simpler. Every Sunday, during the lunch break before Teenedge, I will "force" myself to join people, smile and say hi and talk to them. The goal is, to talk to at least ONE person properly and get to know him/her. So there, one person per week doesn't sound too scary, right? It's time to put the skills from How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie into good use.

Why am I writing all this? I need you to pray for me, I can't do it alone:)

2 Corinthians 5:16-21
16 From now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.

No comments: