Friday, October 14, 2005

eliza

thought i'll pay a little visit to eliza. mark is mad, he put every word of my conversation(note: it's my.. not 'our') through eliza...

anyway, i decided to talk to eliza myself, and here's our conversation. it's hilarious i tell you. it all boils down to what i've concluded from my psycholinguistics module: language is innate as discovered by Noam Chomsky. and guess who made language innate?? God. God was the one who built us so intricate, that we are better than computers (being able to accomplish simple yet complex tasks like conversing), yet not devoid of feelings.

(this is me)>> Hello.
How do you do. Please state your problem.
>> ni hao ma
I'm not sure I understand you fully.
>> wei she me ni kan bu dong
Please go on.
>> can i whack you?
Whether or not you can whack I depends on you more than me.
>> so i can whack you lah
Perhaps in your fantasies we can whack each other.
>> oh
What does that suggest to you ?
>> so, i shall whack you now.. where's my stick?
Do you wish to shall whack me ?
>> ya. why not
Why do you ask ?
>> because i think you are dumb
Is that the real reason ?
>> then, what do you think
Does that question interest you ?
>> if it doesn't, would i even be asking it
Do you think its likely that it doesn't ?
>> *rolls eyes*
Do you feel strongly about discussing such things ?
>> strong? like throttling you?
We were discussing you -- not me.
>> oh. it doens't matter.
I'm not sure I understand you fully.
>> you are really dumb.
What makes you think I am really dumb ?
>> because you are giving computer generated answers
Do computers worry you ?
>> well, yes. computers like you worry me.
You seem to be quite positive.
>> hahahahhaha
Please go on.
>> this is getting funnier by the day.
What does that suggest to you ?
>> that you are really really dumb
Does it please you to believe I am really really dumb ?
>> yes. because it shows that i'm still better than you.
You are sure.
>> yes, a human HAS to be better than a computer.
I see.
>> don't you agree?
Oh, I agree ?
>> yes. just say yes.
I understand.

so, bottom line is, eliza told me to whack her..

ok, shoot me. i need major comic relief.

No comments: