Saturday, February 05, 2005

Your grace is sufficient for me
Your strength is made perfect when I am weak
All that I cling to, I lay at Your feet
Your grace is sufficient for me

Is it not tough to let go of things in life??

i do. it's never easy..but, i thank God..i'm actually excited about moving on. just now when i asked my dad if he thinks i could come back for e-training.. he gave the expected answer: no.

but, what was surprising was that i actually agreed with him. and i could actually 'feel' that i had to move on. oh well. an answered prayer.

sometimes i wonder if i get things easy from God. why is it that my prayers get answered??(ok, fine.. maybe not all) i was talking to this guy in school this week. he used to go to church. and, two of his close family members passed away last year. he just couldn't comprehend how God could remain silent in such a time as that. eventually, he gave up on God. for His silence.

i really wanted to share the gospel with my friend at that time..but, i had this strong urge that it was not the right time. and i've been thinkin recently.. why was God silent?i don't even know what my friend went through. what i fear most is that how am i to tell him that God loves him so much, yet He let his family members die without knowin Christ. i just do not know.

and now, i am getting a little worried.. wat if God decideds to leave me in silence for a while?? to let me know how it feels??? can i handle it? can i come out of it stronger. can it not happen this half of this year?? can i come out of it with greater trust in God?

as i ramble, i realise a few things...

1. it's ok if i can't comprehend what my friend has gone through. i can never taste any struggles that any friend undergoes. i can't . God can.

That is why we have a great High Priest who has gone to heaven, Jesus the Son of God. Let us cling to him and never stop trusting him. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same temptations we do, yet he did not sin.So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it.
Hebrews4:14-16

2. i need a firm foundation in Christ. one so strong, that no matter what happens, i will not crumble. it's ok to waver a little..but, ultimately, always remember that if life is unbearable when God is silent, how much more so, if i take God out of my life completely.

Lord i give You my heart, i give You my soul, i live for You alone
every breath that i take, every moment i'm awake
LORD, have your way in me.

that's my prayer.. that God will have His way in me. do pray for my friend. and for me if i ever get the chance to talk to him again(:

No comments: