Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A spiritual revival.

"America needs a shaking, spiritually.

I don't think that a change of leadership in any place or whether it be politically or any other way, I don't think a new programme or another approach to evangelism is going to change our nation.

I need we need a spiritual revival starting with me. I need a revival in my life and so do you."
~ Larry Stockstill

This was Sunday's sermon at New Life Church, in response to Pastor Haggard's sin. These lines jumped out at me because I've been thinking recently about artsvcf as the semester nears its end (shoosh). Was wondering what could be done better... and was reminded that it's ultimately God who would have to do the shaking. Not that we have done enough. I don't think we have, honestly.

It's only up to God. But the only thing we can do is to pray and ask God to intervene. Something which I'm still rather perplexed. I can't judge and say whether we've been praying enough. You can't gauge prayer. You can't see people's hearts. Only God can.

I could definitely do with a revival in my life. How about yours?

p/s click here to go New Life Church's website to hear the sermon.

No comments: