Friday, September 30, 2005

stressed?

hullo you =D what do you do when you are stressed/frustrated??

1. I run.
Especially on a really empty stomach, makes me feel lighter.. and after running, I get all airy-fairy, especially my head.. and I think this 'lightness' in the head is somewhat simliar to the high you get from taking drugs. not that i've ever taken drugs before. =X wei's principle that "running produces endorphins, and endorphins make you happy" really works. trust me on that. so, stay away from drugs, because, God has made you a body that produces a drug(endorphin) that will help to desensitize your pain by attaching itself to the end nodes of your nerves.. haha. [ok, my feeble attempt to recall my Psych 1101exposure module]. PLUS, running=exercising=burning calories=healthIER body(and also =lose weight...) especially when...

2. I consume( to put it mildly) chocolates.
today was a prime eg of the benefits chocolate brings. my psycholinguistic project was driving me nuts.. we were trying to come up with examples for our experiment.. and I was almost dying in the process because everything was getting highly confusing. BUT, after delia came back with chocs.. (and obviously, i popped a few) haha. viola! the brain cleared instantly. and after that, we had a jolly(and hilarious) good time recording nonsense sentences(for our project. nonsense, because they don't make much sense^ ^). try this:

The rich man has a house.
The rich man has a mouse.
The poor boy has a mouse.
The poor boy has a house.
The sardines are in the can.
The sardines are in the fan... dots. i think you get the point. and imagine. I had to say this aloud many many times while I was in the discussion room in the library. and because we were sharing a room with a bunch of indian national students, I think we irritated them to the core.. to the point that, after saying and replaying these nonsense sentences, one of them said, " The cowboy has a horse"... and then, they all broke out in laughther(at us-.-) and then started gibbering in what I think was Tamil.. oh well. it was all a funny experience.. and I was highly embarassed. which would bring me to my next point..

3. I laugh.
which, sometimes I wonder, if I overdo it. I cannot hide my laughther(can't keep a straight face -.-) in fact, I erupt into bursts/bouts of laughther whenever I hear something funny... which, happens pretty often, because to me, many things are funny.. but then, laughther makes people happy.. And God has created joy, of which, one way to express it is through laughther:) yesterday's cg session was refreshing. the silly questions people ask like, "What's your favourite tree?", or better still, "How would you eat your rice if you had only one chopstick??". really.

4. I find a friend/s.
or, to say it a bit more crudely, I find a friend I can complain to.. Friends are really important. and I thank God for each of them.

5. I talk to God.
I just remembered a verse in Romans 8:26, 27. it says:

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."

so often, I'm so tired already. and sometimes, I get so tired of complaining and whining..to the point that I can't find words to express everything.. But, it's truly comforting to know that God knows everything. and we can just groan and mumble to God, and God will know. Because, God understands.

No comments: